ASL (Additional Support for Learning) Health Inclusion Project
Promoting inclusion by providing a holistic problem solving approach to the management of children with additional support for learning needs.
Click here to open the ASL Leaflet
Click here to open the Therapy Inclusion Partnership Leaflet
This website was created by health professionals working collaboratively with Education colleagues and families to support the implementation of the Additional Support for Learning (ASL) Act (2004).
In this website, you will find the following:
- A directory of the main contacts for health professional departments throughout Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian and West Lothian. The departments listed include Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and School Nursing Service.
- A short description of health professional services in the departments of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and School Nursing Service.
- A glossary of terms and acronyms frequently used in health settings
- A list of links to useful websites
- A bank of therapy and health resources, for use by education staff, health professionals and families that can be downloaded and photocopied for individual use with children in school and pre-school settings.
- Therapy resource packs
- Resource sheets containing pre-referral advice
- Information sheets relating to health conditions
- List of published resources with suppliers' details
- Links to websites containing further information
- A comments section where you can let us have your views